I was not sure what to expect from this recipe, but my husband said he wanted a recipe from his homeland so I obliged. This recipe was good if you like cabbage, which I do not. He loves cabbage and thought this was fantastic. It was a little too sweet for me so I would suggest adding the sugar a little at a time to make sure you do not get it too sweet for your liking.
If there was nothing else I could say about this recipe I would have to say that I love the color. It’s beautiful and it certainly stands out on your plate. Cabbage loves will love this recipe!!
- 1 head red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut and shred cabbage.
- Cook in a small amount of boiling water with salt, sugar, cloves and pepper for about 45 minutes.
- Don’t let it boil dry, but don’t add too much water.
- During the last 10 minutes of cooking time add the vinegar.
- Just before serving add the butter and seasoning.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
Published by Nicole
Hi thank you for stopping by. I am very excited to have you here. Pull up a chair and have a seat, this is the view from my side of the table.
View all posts by Nicole