80 -100 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter or crunchy peanut butter, your choice
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 12 ounces peanut butter chips
- Cream peanut butter and margarine, add sugars and mix well.
- Add eggs and mix until creamy.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Chill for one hour-I usually skip this step and chill between batches.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto cookie sheets- do not flatten. (I roll into balls)
- Bake at 325°F for 15 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheets for about 5 minutes then transfer onto newspaper- the newspaper soaks up extra grease.
- Edited to add – Immediately after the cookies are completely cooled I always transfer them to an airtight container.