One thing I love about this recipe is the fact that I keep each of these items on hand at all times. I normally keep coconut in the freezer, alone with extra margarine. I buy my vanilla in a large bottle from Mexico so we always have plenty, and everything else is pretty much an everyday item. If you are in a pinch and need to make a dessert or money is tight, this makes a great presentation for a very little amount of money. If you serve it warm it’s more like a custard, but if you refrigerate it you will have more of a typical pie. Quick, Easy, Yummy, and Cheap! Wah-la! What more can you ask for?
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup sugar or Sweetner (Sometimes I used Ideal, then the pie is sugar free, and really good)
- 4 eggs (3 will work if they’re extra large)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cup flaked coconut
- Combine all of the ingredients, except 1 1/2 cups of the coconut, together in a blender.
- Cover and blend on low speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch pie pan.
- Let stand about 5 minutes
- Mix in 1/2 Cup coconut
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 Cup of coconut
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 5 hours or until cold.
Published by Nicole
Hi thank you for stopping by. I am very excited to have you here. Pull up a chair and have a seat, this is the view from my side of the table.
View all posts by Nicole
2 thoughts on “OMG! Macaroon Pie”
Thanks for stopping by my blog this morning! I will be hosting my very first giveaway next week so keep an eye out for it! Following you back!CrystalSurvivingaTeachersSalary.blogspot.com
hi, following you back from the blog hop. Thanks for your sweet comment. This pie looks delish!