- 6 medium potatoes
- 1/4 Cup Margerine
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 large pod of Garlic
Directions for Roasting the Garlic:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Peel away the outer layers of the garlic bulb skin, leaving the skins of the individual cloves intact. Using a knife, cut off 1/4 to a 1/2 inch of the top of cloves, exposing the individual cloves of garlic.
- Place the garlic heads in a piece of foil. Drizzle a couple teaspoons of olive oil over each head, using your fingers to make sure the garlic head is well coated. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 400°F for 30-35 minutes, or until the cloves feel soft when pressed.
- Allow the garlic to cool enough so you can touch it without burning yourself.
- Use a small knife cut the skin slightly around each clove. Use a fork or your fingers to pull or squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins. Set aside
Directions for the Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes:
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender Do not remove the skin.
- In a mixing bowl add Margerine, Sour Cream, and all the Garlic cloves that were roasted.
- Mix until smooth. (I used my Kitchen Aid mixer it works perfect!)
- Add the drained boiled potatoes to the mixing bowl
- Mix again until smooth combining all the ingredients
- Add Salt and Pepper until smooth