- 2 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 4 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup cold whole milk (or white wine)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Brush on top
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine Bisquick and cold butter. Don’t combine too thoroughly. There should be small chunks of butter about the size of peas.
- Add cheddar, milk and 1/4 tsp garlic.
- Mix by hand until combined, but don’t over mix.
- Drop 9 equal portions onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until tops are light brown.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a bowl. Stir in 1/2 tsp garlic powder and parsley flakes.
- Use a pastry brush to spread garlic butter over tops of biscuits.