- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 16 ounces rotini
- 2 (cooked) boneless chicken breasts cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tbs real bacon bits
- 3/4 cup chicken broth or white wine
- 3/4 cup milk
- 8 ounces grated Monterey jack cheese
- Over medium heat, cook the bacon bits in 4tbs of margarine until they are extra crispy
- In the same skillet add onion, peppers and garlic and cook until they are tender.
- Stir in the flour and cook for a minute, keep stirring so that it doesn’t burn
- Add chicken broth, and the milk. Cook and stir until the sauce starts to bubble.
- Stir in the cheese and sour cream, then add the chicken.
- Continued to stir until the cheese has melted. Do not bring this sauce to a boil only a simmer. Continue stiring until the sauce is warm through
- Serve over cooked rotini
*If your sauce is too thick you can add extra milk, chicken broth, or white wine to the sauce to thin it. *