- Combine sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large plastic bag, mixing well. Set aside.
- Cut tortillas into 4’s. I cut half, then half again with a pizza cutter
- Fry a few at a time in 1 inch of hot oil (375°F) until crisp and golden, turning once. (Or deep-fry in 375°F oil until golden.)
- Drain on paper towels for about 30 seconds
- While still warm, place a few at a time in sugar mixture in bag.
- Shake gently to coat.
- Store in airtight container.
Note: If you live some place as humid as Houston most likely your bunuelos will not be crispy the next day.