This recipe is just wonderful!! We LOVED it! I can’t say enough about just how great this recipe is. The flavor is great, the smell while it’s cooking is great… My husband always wants to eat this at a “Cajun” place at the mall food court. We don’t need too now! We can just make it ourselves.
If you have had this in the mall then you will relate to this recipe because to me the taste is the same just with better quality ingredients.
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
Sauce: (I personally double this … it’s great over rice)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken.
- Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium Heat until well mixed and dissolved.
- Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice and ENJOY.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
2 thoughts on “Bourbon Chicken”
I have a recipe similar to this! I haven't made it in a LONG time! I'll have to compare recipes and make it soon, thanks!
Oh I love bourbon chicken! I have everything to make this, maybe I'll give it a shot tonight for dinner! Thanks