I love fruit salad! We ending up trying this recipe for a side dish on the fourth of July. This is one of my favorite recipes now. The flavor of the pudding adds a nice sweetness that you might not be getting from all the fruit. It also seems to help meld the fruit all together. I am just going to list what I put in my salad, but in truth the important part is the pudding. You choose the fruit that makes you happy! Not only can you play with your choices of fruit, but you can also change your flavor of pudding. One of my friends told me she once used lemon.*If you are adding bananas don’t add them until right before you serve. Also remember bananas, and pineapple tend to take over fruit salads. You are going to want to taste all the fruit so don’t add as much of these fruits. You don’t want them to dominate your salad. *
- 1 can of very cherry fruit cocktail (Drained reserve the juice)
- 1/3 pineapple chunks (drained)
- Red grapes
- Green grapes
- Cherry’s (pitted and halfed)
- 1 (3 1/4 ounce) box dry vanilla instant pudding mix
- Prepare your fruit for your fruit salad, slicing, and peeling, and so on. Place in a large bowl
- In a small bowl, add the dry vanilla pudding. While whisking, gradually add just enough reserved fruit juice to make the pudding thick. You will probably only be adding 1/4 cup or less of reserved juice.
- Pour the pudding juice over your prepared fruit, and gently mix together
- Refrigerate until chilled.