I was not sold on this recipe. I loved how easy it was to put together and it cooked quickly. You really have to watch it even on low to make sure it doesn’t burn. I wasn’t the biggest fan of the sauce. It was very bland to me. The only thing I could taste was the tomato sauce. To me that overwhelmed the recipe. Also I don’t think the recipe requires enough cottage cheese. Normally I make my own spaghetti sauce, which is loaded with flavor, but I decided to follow the recipe this time. Maybe it was just me. I am not giving up on the lasagna recipe because it’s so simple and doesn’t heat up the house, but I think it could use a little tweaking next time. Here is the original recipe>>
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 ounces cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese or asiago cheese
- 12 ounces lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of wine (red or white)
- Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in frypan.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and oregano.
- Cook long enough to get it warm.
- Spoon a layer of meat sauce onto the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add a double layer of uncooked lasagna noodles (break to fit) and top with cheeses.
- Repeat with sauce, noodles and cheeses until all are used up.
- With your wine go around the edges of your crock-pot and lightly pour your wine around the lasagna.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours. *Mine was done in 3 hours really watch the time because 5 hours could mean buring dinner. *