(Pleae disregard the Sponge Bob Square Pants plate :-))
Sloppy Joes has to be my least favorite meal. I loved them when I was a kid and requested them every chance I got. Then suddenly the idea of eating on was just the worst thing you could ask of me. I never really got over that.
My family on the other hand just loves them. I decided to think outside of the can and make them from scratch. To be honest with you they turned out really good. My family raved about them, and said they were far superior to anything out of a can. This will be on our keeper list. Thank you Jude for this great recipe.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- In a large skillet brown ground beef until it’s no longer pink, then drain the grease.
- Add celery and onion and cook until these vegetables are tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, simmer covered, 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook until it’s the consistency you like for serving on toasted buns
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
Published by Nicole
Hi thank you for stopping by. I am very excited to have you here. Pull up a chair and have a seat, this is the view from my side of the table.
View all posts by Nicole
3 thoughts on “Very Sloppy Joe’s”
My husband absolutely loves sloppy joes. I will have to keep your recipe in mind!
My family loves sloppy joes, too. They are a big hit there is never a morsel left. (They'd love the Spongebob plate!)
I am at Sportsclips waiting for my husband to get his hair cut. I busted out laughing that you posted about the sponge bob plates. At least it was one of the nice kid plates not the faded out ones. I grabbed the first thing I could find that day. We love SB!