I really love this recipe. I hate having left over rice because it’s such a waste, and I always make too much. I normally freeze it and find something else to do with it. Normally I use it to speed up cooking time by just pulling it out of the freezer instead of making more. In the last Woman’s Day magazine I got in the mail, they had an article with this recipe in it. It sounded so good I had to try it. It has a very delicate flavor. The spinach is very mild for all of you spinach haters (yep that includes me) and the parmesan cheese is not as overwhelming as I figured it would be. I am going to find a nice parmesan-mozzarella cheese dip to go with this recipe next time. I think it would add a nice touch.
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 cup thawed frozen cut-leaf spinach
- 1/2 small onion
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup rice (3 cups cooked)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Line baking sheet with nonstick foil. Heat 2 tsp oil in skillet over medium heat. Add 1 cup thawed frozen cut-leaf spinach, 1/2 small onion, diced, and 1/2 tsp minced garlic; cook 2 minutes until spinach is tender.
- Stir into spinach mixture 1 cup cooked rice, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, 1 large egg and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Drop rounded Tbsps onto prepared baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes or until firm. Serve with marinara. Makes about 10.