When I initially decided to make this recipe, I was not sure if it was something my family would like or not. As for me, it reminded me of green bean casserole one of my favorite holiday staples, and now to add one of my other things asparagus… where do I sign up? This recipe was so super simple to make. I only used the tops of the asparagus because I have plans for the stems. I was given a recipe for asparagus soup (recipe soon to follow). The flavor is amazing! My husband who hates green beans casserole fell in love with this recipe. He went on and on about how much he loved it. This is worth keeping!
- 2 cups asparagus, fresh, cut in 2-inch lengths
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French fried onion rings
- Butter a casserole dish or spray with cooking spray.
- Reserve 1/2 the can of french fried onions
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together
- Spread ingredients in a baking dish then top with reserved french fried onions
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve hot.