I received an email the other day that sparked my interest. A reader asked me what she could make her family for dinner that cost little to nothing, but something she could make go along way. I don’t know about you, but this is something I think about every day. Every meal for me is on a budget, and some weeks run closer than others do. Ramen noodles are always a staple of college students. When all else fails most people can drop .18 cents for a pack of Ramen noodles. I started my journey to help this reader feed her family for very little, and my focus was going to be on Ramen Noodles. So many recipes out there are based around these noodles, even a cookbook whose main ingredient is Ramen Noodles. Who Knew?
A recipe that really caught my attention was from Ramenlicious called Chocolate Ramen Cake
Ingredients for 3 cakes:
- 1 package of ramen noodles (crushed)
- 3 small dessert cupcakes
- 1 cup of cherries
- 1 cup of chocolate dessert fondue
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil (cooking)
How to cook:
- While the noodles are still in the package, break them in small pieces.
- Put the vegetable oil in the cooking pan.
- Turn on the stove and wait for the oil to heat up.
- Put your noodles in the cooking pan.
- Since ramen are dehydrated, you have to be careful not to burn them. Always gently shake the cooking pan.
- Your noodles are ready once they have a nice brownish color.
- Turn off the stove and put your noodles in a bowl.
- Put the 3 cakes in a plate.
- Add the cherries and the fried ramen on top of the cakes.
- Pour the chocolate fondue on top of everything.
Published by Nicole
Hi thank you for stopping by. I am very excited to have you here. Pull up a chair and have a seat, this is the view from my side of the table.
View all posts by Nicole