Someone asked me the other day… “Why are you cooking with so many strawberries?” Well, the truth is, strawberries are the least expensive fruit I can find in the store locally. I can get a pound for .99 cents. You cannot beat that, and we really like strawberries.
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 pint strawberry
- 1 3/4 cups half-and-half
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare strawberries. They should be hulled and thinly sliced.
- In a medium bowl, combine strawberries and brown sugar and gently stir until all strawberries have sugar on them. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring water and milk and salt to a boil. Immediately add the oats and reduce heat to medium. Stirring occasionally, allow to cook 5 to 6 minutes to desired texture.
- Add sour cream and stir in well, then add then add in half of the strawberries.
- Mix gently and divide into four bowls
- Top bowls with the additional strawberries
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
2 thoughts on “Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal”
I was just thinking to myself that I would really like to find a healthy alternative to packaged oatmeal. I sat down at my computer and opened up my Google Reader and there was this post staring back at me. I can't wait to give it a try it sounds so yummy!!
Please let me know what you think. I really like it, but always open to changes.