- 1 head cauliflower or equal amount of pre-cut commercially prepped cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Trim the head of cauliflower, discarding the core and thick stems; cut florets into pieces about half the size of a golf ball.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil and salt, whisk, then add the cauliflower pieces and toss thoroughly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment then spread the cauliflower pieces on the sheet and roast for 1 hour
- Turn the cauliflower ever five minutes to insure it doesn’t burn. I set the clock on my microwave to make sure I wouldn’t forget.
- The browner the cauliflower pieces turn, the more caramelization occurs and the sweeter they’ll taste.