- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups white sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan or bunt pan
- In a large bowl, cream butter for 2 minutes (I let my Kitchenaid mixer do all of this work).
- Add sugar and continue beating for 5 minutes..
- Add eggs one at a time, beating we1l with each addition
- Add flour alternating with whipped cream beginning and ending with flour.
- Stir in vanilla extract
- Spoon into prepared tube or bunt pan
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hours and 10 mins or until cooked through
- Turn out onto a cotton dishtowel and place on cooling rack covered with cotton towel. When cool sprinkle with powered sugar and serve with fruit or plain.