I love Pita chip, no seriously, I love them! I don’t buy them for so many reasons one being they are way over priced and two I will eat them all in one sitting that’s how much I love them. A few days ago I had left over pitas that were getting too hard to do anything much with and I didn’t want them to go bad because like the chips they are on the high side. I decided to make my own pita chips and boy did they turn out excellent. I also made my own hummus to go with them.
This recipe is delicious and fast! Boy is it fast! Why buy something that you can make for just pennies a serving! Excellent Recipe, and served on Pita chips is excellent!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup tahini (sesame seed paste Hulled)
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
1. Drain beans and reserve the liquid when you do so.
2. Blend beans, along with the other ingredients and 1/4 cup of the liquid.
3. Process until the mixture is smooth.
4. Add liquid until the desired consistency is reached.
5. Adjust seasonings along with more cumin, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com