I was not the biggest fan of this recipe. If you like bread pudding and you like maple you will love this. I do not like bread pudding at all. This is about as close to bread pudding as you can get.
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 10-12 slices soft bread, 1 inch thick
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- Generously butter a 13 X 9 inch casserole dish;.
- Mix the eggs, half and half, maple syrup, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Place the bread slices in the prepared casserole dish and cover with the egg mixture: cover with plastic wrap and let soak overnight in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; remove the casserole from refrigerator.
- Make the Topping: melt the butter in a saucepan; add sugar and maple syrup and cook for 1 to 2 minutes; stir in pecans;.
- Pour the mixture over the bread and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, allow to cool 10 minutes before serving, enjoy.