I don’t know about you, but I hate it when
I have a ton of bread left in the frig that turns or rock or no
one is willing to eat it. I don’t like to waste it.
So what do you do with old bread… make bread crumbs!
- 8 ounces bread (any)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil or veggy oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat a 400°F oven.
- Dice and chop bread with crusts into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Scatter diced bread in a large baking sheet or roasting pan.
- Add rest of ingredients, tossing everything together with your hands.
- Bake 11-15 minutes, or until it is crispy.
- Cool at room temperature, and put bread and seasonings in a plastic bag.
- Roll with a rolling pin, or before putting in plastic bag, use your food processor or blender to mix this up. I personally like using the blender!
- Keep crumbs in sealed bag in fridge up to 1 to 2 weeks.