I thought this would be a copy of a recipe that I love from a local restaurant I love, sadly it didn’t come close to fitting the bill. I was hoping it would be right on the money but it wasn’t.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- (2 ounce) jalapeno, chopped devein for a milder taste or use (4 ounce) can of chopped green chilies
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup long grain rice or brown rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Sauté in butter the garlic, onion and jalapenos until soft.
- Add uncooked rice.
- Stir constantly until rice is slightly brown.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Stir in the cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Cook for 30-45 minutes until rice is soft. (Brown rice can take up to 70 minutes to cook)
- Fluff and serve hot.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com